This Hot Cross Ice Cream recipe is perfect for Good Friday, the Easter season coming up, or even everytime you want to remember Christmas or the Holiday season. It is easy to make and so deliiicious !
Bunnies are out and the Hot Cross Buns season is coming up! Why not try something a little different?
Make 2 scoops of icecream
- 2 scoops of vanilla icecream
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp raisin
- 1 tsp orange peel
- 1 piece of dried apricot, cut into long strips
- 60ml boiling water
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tbsp of Citrus Amber black tea
- 3 tsp of apricot jam or marmalade
- Place the Citrus Amber in the boiling water to make the tea. Let it infuse for at least 10 minutes so the brew is very strong.
- Drain the Citrus Amber infusion and pour it into a small pan.
- Add jam and stir to mix and let it boil for 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Add orange juice. Freeze this infusion.
- Meanwhile, add ice cream and the rest of the ingredients except the apricot into a mixing bowl, stir well.
- Freeze the ice cream mixture for at least overnight to let the flavours infuse.
- Take both the frozen infusion and frozen ice cream from the fridge. Break the icy Citrus Amber infusion into large chunks and mix or fold gently into the ice cream (so there are strands of Citrus Amber visible in the icecream).
- To serve, place a scoop of the icecream in a small bowl and make a cross with two strips of apricot.
For Citrus Amber visit our website www.teas.com.au
Genmai pours the tea - How Genmaicha came to be
Once upon a time in a land far far away called Japan during the days of the Samurai, there lived a servant named Genm...
Look, there is no tea in my Chai
I used to think Chai Latte was the next best drink since a cup of hot chocolate. I drank it every time I went to a bo...