While my kids are not big on spices on their meals, Gingerbread biscuits are certainly something they ask for often.
I have used the #Thermocook to make them this time, trying out a new recipe. Certainly it doesn't have the dark colour I thought I would have (but then I didn't use brown sugar!), but the taste is delightful.
Mixing is done in half time, thanks to my new toy #Thermocook ;)
Prep time 15min, cook time 10 min per tray of biscuits x 2 trays.
- 100g butter
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 1 egg
- 60ml sour cream
- 3 cups wholemeal self raising flour
- 1 tablespoon Spicy Chai (better with more spices) or Organic Black Chai (photo) black tea
- Sprinkle of nutmeg and ginger powder
- In #Thermocook, place Spicy Chai and sugar, hit it with 20 secs on chop setting.
- Add butter, sour cream and egg. Give it 5 seconds whiz on smoothie setting.
- Add flour, nutmeg and ginger powder hit it with 10 seconds on chop setting, and scrap down content into the mixing cup.
- Then give it another 20 seconds on knead setting to completely blend the dough together.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface
- Roll the dough to 3-5mm thickness. Cut into desired shapes. (It is pipe-able because we cut the spices really fine in step 1)
- Place cookies at least 2-3cm apart on baking sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes at 150ºC fan oven.
- Cookies should be lightly browned at the edges. Remove from cookie sheets to wire racks to cool.
- Decorate with icing etc if desired.