A beautiful sweet white wine with rose jasmine tea creates a fantastic light sauce for this fusion spaghetti dish. Light yet gratifying.
- 40ml Late Harvest White Wine*
- 2 ripe tomatoes chopped (Roma are best)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon light miso paste
- 1 silverbeet leaf chopped
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 medium onion cut to small cubes
- 1 cup of tea brewed with 1 heap tablespoon jasmine green tea and rose petal**
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 to 2 tablespoon oil
- Fried onions
- Parsley (Continental or Italian are nicest, especially when chopped fresh)
Cooking time is about 30 minutes. And makes about 2 medium adult portions or 1 large portion for the pasta-lover.
- In a large pot of water, boil the spaghetti for 9 minutes or al-dente. Drain and rinse under cold water. Put aside, for later mixing into sauce.
- In a medium pot, heat the oil and put in the onions. While onions are are cooking, add in the onion powder, garlic powder, nutmeg, miso paste, wine and flour. At this point the onions will start to thicken up. Be careful not to burn them as they turn brown. After about a minute of stirring on high heat, stir in the green tea stock.
- Add the tomatoes and silverbeet, and let simmer for about 2 minutes or so, depending on how well cooked you like your vegetables.
- Turn off stove. Toss in the cooked spaghetti. Mix together. Garnish with fried onions and parsley, and serve.
This dish is fantastic with the ASHLEY HORNER FAMILY RESERVE LATE HARVEST VIOGNIER 2017. Here is the info from Naked Wine about this sweet delicious wine:
Selling out in record time year in year out and smashing buy-again Angel ratings, this lusciously sweet drop from our man in the Upper Hunter is a sure-fire way to dress up any occasion. This wine is crafted in VERY limited quantities. The nature of late harvest wines ensures the yields are very small to maximise grape nutrients.
Hand picked at optimum ripeness, the TLC poured into balancing natural sugar and acidity levels has given the wine incredible structure and quality. Aromas of candy, fairy floss, sweet marmalade and limes compliment a rich palate of peaches and pineapple, all wrapped up with a fresh acidity to finish.
- Direct to Angels from the Horner family vineyard at the base of Mt Dangar, its fertile soils have produced the regions finest honey and beef cattle since the 1960s. Now in an era of championing single vineyard wines that showcase unique flavours and consistent quality, why not pop a little bit of history in your next basket & enjoy the sweeter side of life!
**We used Thinking of You Green Tea. A soft floral green tea mixed with jasmine with rose.