“Eight Treasures” is popular because it's sweet and delicious and has many health benefits. Eight Treasures Tea, in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) is created to improve blood circulation, raise energy levels, boost the immune system, clear lightheadedness, aid liver function and breathing.
Ladies (and lads), Eight Treasure (Ba Bao Cha) Tea can also help remove dark under-eye circles, hydrate dry skin, fight fatigue, and can help women maintain a regular menstrual cycle, according to our Chinese herbalists.
*There are a few variations of Eight Treasure Teas around, * indicates the typical ingredients found in this tea.
- Ginseng Slices*
- Chinese Red Dates Slices (Jujube)* ,
- Wolfberries (Goji Berries)*,
- Dried Longan (Gui Yuan a brown skin fruit similar to Lychee)*,
- Dried orange,
- Red Rose Buds*,
- Rock Sugar*,
- Dandelion Tea (caffeine free)
And here is a slightly more stimulating variation of Eight Treasure Tea:
- Green tea Jasmine green tea brings out a more floral flavor.
- Dried Chrysanthemum: 1–2 tablespoons
- Goji Berries*: 4–6 berries
- Dried Chinese Red Dates (Jujube)*: 2 fruits
- Dried longan *: 2 pieces
- Licorice root: 1–2 pieces
- American Ginseng: 1–2 roots
- Rock Sugar*
This herbal blend produces a mildly sweet tea brew, is believed to reduce cholesterol, aid digestion and blood circulation and strengthen the body’s immune system in Chinese traditional medicine.