This Hot Cross Ice Cream recipe is perfect for Good Friday, the Easter season coming up, or even every time you want to remember Christmas or the Holiday season. It is easy to make and so deliiicious !
Bunnies are out and the Hot Cross Buns season is coming up! Why not try something a little different?
Make 2 scoops of ice cream
- 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp raisin
- 1 tsp orange peel
- 1 piece of dried apricot, cut into long strips
- 60ml boiling water
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tbsp of Citrus Amber black tea
- 3 tsp of apricot jam or marmalade
- Place the Citrus Amber in the boiling water to make the tea. Let it infuse for at least 10 minutes so the brew is very strong.
- Drain the Citrus Amber infusion and pour it into a small pan.
- Add jam and stir to mix and let it boil for 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Add orange juice. Freeze this infusion.
- Meanwhile, add ice cream and the rest of the ingredients except the apricot into a mixing bowl, stir well.
- Freeze the ice cream mixture for at least overnight to let the flavors infuse.
- Take both the frozen infusion and frozen ice cream from the fridge. Break the icy Citrus Amber infusion into large chunks and mix or fold gently into the ice cream (so there are strands of Citrus Amber visible in the ice cream).
- To serve, place a scoop of the ice cream in a small bowl and make a cross with two strips of apricot.
For Citrus Amber visit our website www.teas.com.au