A custard based delicious ice cream made with Amaretto biscuits, paired with the refreshing orange honey with Matcha green tea, this dessert is a great treat after dinner.
- 250ml milk
- 80g sugar
- 50g Amaretto biscuit
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 3 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1/2 tablespoon Matcha green tea
- Break Amaretto biscuit into small pieces.
- In a saucepan on medium heat, add 250ml milk, yolk and sugar, stir till sugar is dissolved. Then add Amaretto biscuit and vanilla extract. Mix the cornstarch and 2 tablespoon milk to create a thick paste. While keep stirring the saucepan, add cornstarch in slowly to ensure no lumps are formed. Keep stirring till with a spoon until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of the spoon.
- Remove from heat. Stir a little more, then put a cloth on top of the saucepan, then the lid, then place into the freezer to chill for 15 minutes.
- Then put the chilled mixture into the ice cream to finish, say about 15 minutes.
- To prepare the honey “sauce”, place water, honey and orange juice in another saucepan, on a low heat, stir then mixed. Remove from heat to cool for 5 minutes.
- Then in a small bowl or mug, place matcha, then 1/3 of the honey mixture, mix till matcha is dissolved, then add the remaining honey mixture. Stir to mix.
- To assemble the dessert, simply put 1-2 tablespoon of matcha honey on a shallow dish or a bowl, then place a scoop of the Amaretto ice cream on top. Ready to enjoy!
- This dessert is quite sweet, so we suggest enjoying it with a cup of light tea such as White Tea cut through the sugar.