Most drink tea hot. But it's almost worth the brain-freeze to drink an ultra cold tea in a hot sticky summer day.
Today is one of those days. So I am on a mission to find my way to keep myself chilled.
Sure you can enjoy a standard brewed tea chilled, or mix it with lots of ice to make iced tea. But I want to do something fun. Kids-friendly.
Let me introduce you to our new friend #SodaKing soda machine.
Our family rarely drinks soft drinks but kids being kids love frizzy drinks.
I want to create something that has the natural goodness of tea, and kids will drink happily. So here comes...
2 tbsp LuvBomb herbal infusion
1 cup pineapple
1 ripe banana
1 small bunch of spinach
About 500 ml or 2 cups of chilled water
- So today, we make tea iced cubes with LuvBomb. Simply brew the tea double strength with hot water for 5 minutes. Pour in ice tray, freeze to set.
It is a beautiful fun tea with bright red colour. Its strawberry flavour is just right to give you a sense of fruit but not fake and sugar loaded like soft drinks.
- Next we meshed up banana and pineapple in our super duper #Thermocook. It is a breeze to blend fruit to smooth pulp when you use one of these!
- Put the pulp in another ice cube tray. Freeze.
- And then we clean the Thermocook and put in spinach and pear. Whiz till smooth. Make another lot of iced cubes. Freeze of course ;)
- So in the end you have red, yellow and green iced cubes.
- Fizz some chilled water using the #SodaKing machine.
- In a tall glass, place green, yellow, then red ice cubes.
- Pour in soda water! Voila!