For the lovers of textured breads and artisanal earthy flavours in the morning: Welcome to a deeper love with the pancake stack!
This pancake can be eaten both savoury and sweet and lends itself perfectly to nuts and berries. And for those seriously into their pancake game, why not top it up with your favourite yogurt and muesli.
- Self Rising Flour 1/2 cup
- Rolled Oat 1/2 cup
- Roasted Barley 1/3 cup
- Hazelnut Meal 1/3 cup
- Boiling Water 1 cup
- Water 1/2 cup
- Oil of your choice 2 tbsp
- Vanilla Essence 1 tbsp
- Soak Roasted Barley in boiling water for about 10 minutes or till soft.
- Blend Roasted barley and liquid in a blended till smooth.
- Mix it with all other ingredients till well blended.
- Turn on stove on medium heat.
- Use a ladle and place one ladle of batter on a lightly oiled large non-stick pan to make pancake about 20cm diameter.
- Lightly cook both side of pancake till cooked.
- Make about 6 pancake.
- Place a slice of pancake on the plate, spread your favourite topping (mine is peanut butter and sweetened condensed milk), then add another slice of pancake on top and repeat the process till all pancake pieces are stacked up.
- Dress up the top of the pancake stack with your favourite topping - berry, roasted nuts, banana or drizzle with a tasty slightly thinned out yogurt.
Ready to enjoy!
Perfect with a cup of Roasted Barley infusion, or a Ceylon large leaf OP tea.