Anzac biscuits and I have a love-hate relationship. I like its crunch from the oats but the amount of butter always bothers me somewhat (trying to eat more healthily...).
So here is my attempt to make it a little lighter with Matcha green tea powder and the #Thermocook certainly make this a super quick cookie to whip up.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup wholemeal self raising flour
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ⅔ cup desiccated coconut
- 125g butter, in large cubes
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 to 2 tablespoon Matcha powder to taste
- Preheat oven to 160ºC (140ºC if using fan oven).
- Line 2 trays with baking paper.
- Place the butter, honey and brown sugar into the #Thermocook bowl.
- Melt on for 30 seconds, 80 degrees, Speed 1.
- Add all other ingredients, Matcha last into the bowl and combine mix for 10 seconds on Speed 3.
- Scoop tablespoons of mixture into balls.
- Place on trays, 2cm apart and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until light golden.
- Leave on the baking trays for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Ready to try? Check out the Aracha Matcha green tea powder
Want to know more about Matcha - check out our He drinks, She drinks in Facebook Live.