This is by far the best icecream recipe we have tried without the use of an icecream machine.
This icecream is very lemony and lusciously smooth! It tastes the best same or next day.
Serves about 4-6
- 4 Lemons
- 2 tbsp Lemongrass
- 200g Caster sugar
- 450ml Double cream
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Finely grate the peel of one of the lemons.
- Squeeze the juice of all 4 lemons and combine with sugar and lemongrass.
- Let it sit for at least 30-40 minutes so the lemongrass flavour is infused into the juice.Stir occasionally.
- Slowly add the cream and salt, mixing well as it will immediately thicken.
- Pour into a shallow container and freeze until sold around the outside and mushy in the middle.
- Stir with a fork and freeze until firm, or churn in an icecream machine.