Sweet potato makes this muffin/cake soft and tasty. It is delicious with the additional Jujube (Chinese red dates) on top - a Chinese touch to this delicious finger licking goodie.
Reduce the sugar if you prefer this to be a more breakfast "treat".
- 3 cups (600g) mashed sweet potato
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 50g jujube
- To make this super fast to make, place ALL ingredients EXCEPT Jujube into a super blender like #Thermocook and whizz in smoothie setting for about 1 minute, pause and check to make sure all ingredients are blended.
- Break Jujube into pieces, place them at the bottom of the cake/muffin tin.
- Pour into muffin tins/cups or shallow cake tray.
- Bake at 160ºC / 325ºF Fan Oven for approximately 30 minutes.
- When done, remove from oven and turn the muffin upside down on the serving plate, so the Jujube is now on top of the cake.
Best to slightly under-baked than over-baked, so retain the moisture texture on the cake top.
Option 1: drizzle honey on top of the cake before serving.
Option 2: place some yoghurt on the side of the cake before serving.