What's better than chilling with a slice of bloody red cake to celebrate the festivity of Halloween? LOL
- 20g Hibiscus
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 blood orange
- 1 medium size beetroot (200-300g)
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/2 - 1 cup raw sugar to taste
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 300g Self Raising Flour
- Preheat fan oven till 170ºC.
- Soak hibiscus in boiling water for 3 minutes. Let it cool.
- Peel and quarter the beetroot, place them in Thermocook or blender for 10 seconds till finely chopped.
- Add hibiscus and the brew, finely grated orange peel and flesh (no white skin) into the mix in Thermocook.
- Add vanilla essence, sugar, egg yolk and flour to Thermocook as well. Blend till smooth, about 10 seconds.
- Meanwhile, also place the egg whites into a mixer. Beat till stiff peaks are formed.
- Blend batter and egg white together quickly. Don't over stir.
- Pour batter into a cake tin and bake for 20 minutes or until skewer comes out clean while pierced into the cake.