No trying to be a food cop, but as a mum to 2 young girls, I know I am bearing the torch to their pathways to health eating.
So yes, we rarely buy biscuits from supermarkets but I try to still allow them to have biscuits and interestingly, after a few years of persistence (they are 9 & 7), this healthier eating is paying off. They naturally choose to eat healthier snacks.
These Cinnamon Carrot biscuits are lovely treats. It is a softer type of biscuit. Adding the Matcha choc drizzle means they still feel they have some naughty ingredients, not too weird comparing to their peers!!!
My friend #Thermocook was used to make this super quick to make. Makes about 20 small biscuits.
- 1 1/4 Cup Rolled Oats
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 Cup melted Coconut Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Honey
- 1 Cup Grated Carrots (about 2 smallish carrots)
- 1 tbsp Matcha
- 20g white chocolate
- tiny bit of sesame seeds, roasted
- Preheat fan oven to 160ºC and line baking sheet.
- Place oats in #Thermocook. Set to chop setting and whizzy for 1 minute.
- Add all other ingredients except Matcha and white chocolate into Thermocook. Mix well using the Speed 4 setting for 20 seconds or until all blended.
- Place batter in the fridge for about 20min.
- Scoop dough onto baking sheet in 12 round dollops and press flat slightly.
- Bake for 15min.
- Meanwhile heat white chocolate in double boiler or microwave till soft. Stir in Matcha.
- Allow biscuit to cool.
- Drizzle Matcha chocolate on top of biscuit and sprinkle sesame seeds. Enjoy!
Tea Recommendations for This Spring
In spring, we look forward to new life and beginnings. The days grow longer and we feel the heaviness of winter lifti...
Yumcha is Glorious (Most of the time)
☵ Yumcha is exciting. Yumcha is glorious. Yumcha is all about the dim-sums, the trolley girls, the noise and the peop...