No trying to be a food cop, but as a mum to 2 young girls, I know I am bearing the torch to their pathways to health eating.
So yes, we rarely buy biscuits from supermarkets but I try to still allow them to have biscuits and interestingly, after a few years of persistence (they are 9 & 7), this healthier eating is paying off. They naturally choose to eat healthier snacks.
These Cinnamon Carrot biscuits are lovely treats. It is a softer type of biscuit. Adding the Matcha choc drizzle means they still feel they have some naughty ingredients, not too weird comparing to their peers!!!
My friend #Thermocook was used to make this super quick to make. Makes about 20 small biscuits.
- 1 1/4 Cup Rolled Oats
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 Cup melted Coconut Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Honey
- 1 Cup Grated Carrots (about 2 smallish carrots)
- 1 tbsp Matcha
- 20g white chocolate
- tiny bit of sesame seeds, roasted
- Preheat fan oven to 160ºC and line baking sheet.
- Place oats in #Thermocook. Set to chop setting and whizzy for 1 minute.
- Add all other ingredients except Matcha and white chocolate into Thermocook. Mix well using the Speed 4 setting for 20 seconds or until all blended.
- Place batter in the fridge for about 20min.
- Scoop dough onto baking sheet in 12 round dollops and press flat slightly.
- Bake for 15min.
- Meanwhile heat white chocolate in double boiler or microwave till soft. Stir in Matcha.
- Allow biscuit to cool.
- Drizzle Matcha chocolate on top of biscuit and sprinkle sesame seeds. Enjoy!