Give your usual choc chip cake an oriental touch! Yummy stuff for breakfast with a nice cup of Ceylon black tea!
Makes 8 cup cakes or 36 mini cup cakes
- 4 eggs
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, slightly soften
- 2 tbsps matcha (green tea powder)
- 1 tbsp white chocolate chips or dried fruit
- Place butter in a bowl and beat until soften. Add sugar and mix well.
- Add eggs to the butter mixture.
- Sift flour and green tea powder into the egg and butter mixture and mix.
- Sprinkle white chocolate chips into the batter. Mix lightly.
- Line medium muffin cups with baking paper. Spoon the batter into the cups but only fill up to 2/3 of the cups.
Bake in preheated 180ºC oven for 30 minutes.
- Optional Icing: 1/4 cup icing sugar + 1 tbsp Matcha + 1 small tsp lemon juice. Mixing well and drizzle on top of the baked cup cakes.
Matcha Green Tea ingredient is available at Teas.com.au and make this delicious Matcha White Chocolate Chip Cup Cake