A yolk free muffin with a touch of Matcha green tea. This muffin has a sticky top and it’s fantastic to go with, what else, but a good cup of Japanese Bancha green tea?
Makes about 12 mini muffins
- 3 egg whites
- 100g sugar
- 50g self raising flour
- 50g melted butter, slightly cooled
- 1 heap teaspoon Matcha Green Tea
- Preheat oven till 180ºC.
- Whisk egg white with a little bit of sugar from above till thick with stiff peaks. In a large bowl, mix sugar and flour, add 1/2 of the egg white and mix quickly.
- Then pour in the other half of the egg white in the flour mixture. Fold lightly till roughtly mixed.
- Finally fold in melted butter.
- Scoop all batter into individually oiled mini muffin moulds, except about 2 tablespoon of batter. Mix the Matcha with this remaining batter, stir well then add on top of the batter that is already in the individual moulds.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until cooked.
- This afternoon treat is great for kids. The Matcha content is pretty light…
- Serve with Organic Bancha for big kids. Maybe with a dollop of yogurt.
- Mindfulness with tea 正念(靜觀)同茶
☴ Mindfulness 正念(靜觀): What is that? ☳ And Tea Time equals Me Time: What is that? ☲ In the great journey that is our...
- The Game of Go drinks tea 碁棋喝茶
☰ Make yourself a cup of tea 茶, gently sit down and mindfully start practicing Tea Time equals Me Time for what I am ...