A nice touch to your usual choc-chip cookie. Reduce your heat and bake a tiny bit longer so you can keep the nice green colour from the Matcha Green tea powder.
- 180g unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup (120g) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups (300g) plain (all-purpose) flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder, sifted
- 150g dark chocolate, chopped
- a handful pistachio, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoon Organic Aracha Matcha Powder
- Preheat oven to 160ºC.
- Place the butter, sugar and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until pale and creamy.
- Gradually add the eggs and beat well.
- Add the flour and baking powder and beat until a smooth dough forms.
- Split the dough into 1/3 and 2/3
- For the 1/3 portion add Matcha powder, mix well
- Fold through the chocolate and chopped pistachio.
- Roll into about 5cm diameter balls, place on baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Press to flatten with finger or fork.
- Bake for 10–15 minutes or until golden.
- Allow to cool on the trays.