- I get up and drink a cup of warm water.
- I put some leaf tea in a pot and pour in hot water.
- While the tea is steeping, I do my human helicopter (swivelling my arms and body around) for about 5 minutes.
- At least 3 deep breaths in and out slowly.
- Switch on my favourite podcasts - I love 10% Happier and Oprah's Super Soul Sunday.
- Time to pour out the tea, have a good drink of it.
- Start making breakfast
I tell my friends this ritual and they often express some kinds of admiration mixed with baffling look, like this is cool, but gee, isn't that a bit early of the day to "work on my mindset"? I just got up!
To that, I reply, "We always go on about eating a healthy breakfast to start the day with good nutrients. What about our minds? Shouldn't we start the day with good mental breakfast too?"
So if I want an awesome start of the day, I would drink a tea that express that calm power expressing "I am Awesome".
Simple as that.