GABA TEA is a natural tea product that contains aminobutyric acid. GABA stands for aminobutyric acid. The English called the tea “GABA tea”. The Japanese called it “GABARON tea” The Chinese called it “JinBaiLong Tea”. In Japan, GABA tea is regarded as a tea for well-being.
In Japan, GABA tea is a tea for our healthy well-being. It is manufactured in bulk for all to enjoy. GABA tea was first developed by Dr Tsusida at the Japanese Tea Examination Centre of Agricultural Ministry in 1987.
It is well recognized that when tea leaves are fermented for an extended period, glutamic acid will be converted into aminobutyric acid, and aspartic acid will be converted into alanine. Since the tea contains aminobutyric acids that are good for our health, we named the tea “GABA TEA”.
The Healthy GABA tea
GABA TEA is an all natural healthy beverage. It contains a high level of GABA.
Benefits of GABA tea:
• GABA tea has been shown to inhibit tumorigenesis at the initiation, promotion and progression stages of cancer.
• GABA tea can top up our antioxidant intake
• GABA tea can stabilize the human cell
• GABA tea is a blood lipid-lowering tea
• GABA tea can reduce our blood pressure
• GABA tea can sober drunkenness
Each 100 grams of dried GABA tea leaves should contain a minimum of 150 grams of GABA. The higher the GABA content, the more expensive is the GABA tea. GABA tea are fermented in a rather unusual manner, therefore, GABA tea has a unique special flavour.
Here we list out the development of GABA in the past decades:
- 1955 – Dr Takahashi confirmed that GABA can reduce blood pressure
- 1963 – Dr Stanton confirmed that GABA can reduce the blood pressure of rabbits, dogs, mice, pigs and cats.
- 1980 – Dr Billingsley confirmed that GABA has the ability to sever connections of data via presynaptic nerve terminals. Furthermore, Dr Billingsley found that GABA can reduce blood pressure
- 1987 -1998 – Dr Tsusida at the Japanese Tea Examination Centre of Agricultural Ministry discovered the methods to produce GABA tea
- 1987-1988 – Dr Ohmori Shoji conducted a clinical test on animals and human beings. He confirmed that patients suffering from high blood pressure only need to have an intake of 3 grams/ 150 milliliter in order to lower their blood pressure. Dr Ohmori Shoji further confirmed that GABA tea can sober drunkenness. In the following year, GABA tea was produced in bulk for the enjoyment of all people. It is acknowledged that the higher the GABA content, the more expensive is the tea.
- 1995 – Dr Yasuhiko published his journal in the American Journal of Hypertension. Dr Yasuhiho’s journal was about the ability of GABA tea to blood pressure reduction
- 1997 – 1998 – (http://www.norin.co.jp/outline/outlin-e.htm, www.norin.co.jp) and Kanagawa Prefectural Agricultural Research Institute found a new method to enhance the GABA content in the GABA tea.
- 2000 – Ohmori Shoji discovered that GABA tea have the ability to lower blood pressure and protect kidneys that are subjected to high salt content
- 2001 – (The Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences) and Otsuma Women’s University confirmed that GABA tea can effectively restrain ACE enzymes. The said test proved that GABA tea can reduce blood pressure.
- 2001 – (The Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences) and Japan issued a joint statement on the ability of GABA tea to reduce blood pressure. The statement revealed the effect of GABA inside the mammal bodies.
- 2001 – (China HuNan Province Institute of Tea experiment) and (China HuNan senior citizen hospital) conducted a clinical test on the ability of GABA to reduce blood pressure. There are 50 test samples that confirmed GABA has the ability to reduce blood pressure.
There are numerous research reports that confirmed the ability of GABA tea to reduce blood pressure. Other research reports confirmed the ability of GABA tea to sober drunkenness and to protect kidneys that are subject to high salt content. All of these reports attracted the attention of the Japanese academia and the Japanese tea industry.
In 1988, many GABA tea products emerged into the market. In the recent years, there are improved versions of GABA tea products in the market. All of these new GABA TEA products contained enhanced GABA contents.
The U.S. and other European countries are utilizing biotechnology to produce GABA. People in those countries strongly believed that GABA are nutritional supplements that can revive our youth, calm our dreary souls, diminish our mental pressure, reduce our blood pressure and eradicate our anxiousness.
The production of GABA TEA is much easier than that of traditional packaged tea and oolong tea. Tea leaves need to be fermented before they are developed into GABA tea. We employ the most modern techniques to produce GABA Tea. Tea leaves are fermented numerous times to increase the GABA content within.
Since GABA TEA is a healthy beverage, Taiwan Tea Experiment Station is currently using home grown tea leaves to manufacture GABA tea for all to enjoy. This measure assists the advance development of the tea industry, and enhances the economic value of the tea industry. This proved to be a success.
*This information is provided by our GABA tea supplier in Taiwan*