This recipe calls for the glutinous rice for the more traditional Thai touch, but if you prefer your rice less sticky, you can replace the glutinous rice with jasmine rice.
Serves 4 Rice:
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 heap tbsp dried lemongrass cut into about 1-2cm long
- 1 heap tbsp chopped garlic
- half cup glutinous rice
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 2 and a half cup vegetable stock
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 1 carrot, chopped into 2cm chunks
- 2 tbsp corn kernel
- To serve with:(A) Smoked salmon, 2 slices per serve (B)chopped parsley and thinly sliced onion to garnish
- Combine jasmine rice and glutinous rice in a bowl and rinse it.
- Put oil, lemongrass and chopped garlic in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir until aromatic
- Stir in rice, make sure it is well coated with oil.
- Pour in stock, corn and carrot chunks. Bring to the boil and then reduce to low heat.
- Cover with lid, cook for about 10 minutes or until rice is tender
- Serve with smoked salmon, onion and chopped parsley.
Lemongrass ingredient is hard to find nowadays but it is available on Teas.com.au