Tea can make some interesting liquer. It is now popular in Asia to have different alcoholic tea cocktails!
Makes 2 cups
- 5 tbsp Oolong loose leaf tea
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup vodka
- Mint leaves and slice of lemon for decoration
- To make sugar syrup, place sugar into 1/2 cup water in a stainless steel pot.
- Heat and stir constantly until all sugar is dissolved. Cool then add vodka then sugar syrup.
- Make the oolong tea with the remaining 1/2 cup of boiling water. Strain, cool and add the syrup mixture.
- Garnish with lemon and mint.
- And serve... Mmmmm. Delicious!
- This liqueur can be used right away or store in a sterilized glass jar or bottle to mature.
Suggestion for use: you can make ice frappe with this liqueur. Pour green tea in an ice tray. When frozen, place ice cubes into a blender and whiz till slushy. Then add liqueur to taste.
Are you feeling tired and want to drink a healthy alcohol? Try the Oolong Liqueur and buy Oolong Tea on our website.