Have you tried the stretched tea from Malaysia? Stretched tea, sometimes called pulled tea, is a signature beverage which tips the tea from one jug to the other to aerate tea. Its effect is similar to the adding hot steaming air into milk to make smooth hot frothy milk.
Sweet Almond tea has just the aroma and taste fantastic for making stretched tea. Really yummy! Good party trick (do it when you are sober)!
Makes 2 cups
- 3 heap tsp Sweet Almond black tea
- 1 1/2 cup boilign water
- 1/4 cup milk (evaporated milk preferred)
- 2 teapots / jugs (our 400ml tall glass teapot works well)
- 1 tsp sugar optional/ to taste
- Make the strong tea in one teapot with Sweet Almond tea witht the water. Infuse for 5 minutes.
- Add sugar if needed.
- Strain and pour milk into tea from an arm’s height.
- This will get messy, so do it in the kitchen sink. From one jug pour the tea into another jug from arm’s height again.
- Pour tea back and forth between two jugs for at least 5 times in good speed. This will froth up the tea.
- Once this aeration is done, pour into two glasses to serve.
Sweet Almond Black Tea is available at our website.
Tea Recommendations for This Spring
In spring, we look forward to new life and beginnings. The days grow longer and we feel the heaviness of winter lifti...
Yumcha is Glorious (Most of the time)
☵ Yumcha is exciting. Yumcha is glorious. Yumcha is all about the dim-sums, the trolley girls, the noise and the peop...