Biscotti is not reserved to pair up with coffee! Many loves a good biscotti with tea and this biscotti with a little zing is great as an after dinner snack with a good relaxing cuppa.
Makes 12 biscotti
- 470 g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powdera
- pinch of salt
- 200 g granulated sugar
- 225 g butter or margarine, softened
- 4 eggs 1 tbsp grated lemon peel
- 2 tbsp Lemon n Lime tea leaves,grounded
- 30 ml double strength lemon tea, cooled
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Lightly grease two baking sheets.Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl.Beat sugar and butter in large mixer bowl until light and creamy.Beat in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.Stir in lemon peel and lemon tea.
- Shape dough into two 5cm diameter logs and place on baking sheets.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center of each log comes out clean.
- Slide logs onto cutting board and cut diagonally into 1cm-thick slices.
- Return to baking sheets cut side down.
- Bake, turning biscotti over halfway through, for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Lemon n Lime is available at our website. Visit us now!
Genmai pours the tea - How Genmaicha came to be
Once upon a time in a land far far away called Japan during the days of the Samurai, there lived a servant named Genm...
Look, there is no tea in my Chai
I used to think Chai Latte was the next best drink since a cup of hot chocolate. I drank it every time I went to a bo...