Great little dessert – not too sweet and it’s not too naughty!
- 1 sheet of puff pastry (about 30x30cm)
- 1 banana
- 1 heap tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 heap tbsp raw sugar
- 2 tbsp peach jam
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp Sweet Almond black tea
- Thaw pastry in room temperature. Preheat oven to 180ºC. Prepared syrup by placing peach jam and water in a small saucepan, bring to boil.
- Boil the jam liquid for about 2 minutes so it thickens slightly, add Sweet Almond tea leaves. Stir and boil for another minute. Turn off the heat, put the lid on the saucepan and let the liquid infuse for another 5 minutes. Strain and set aside to be used.
- Once the pastry is soft, cut the banana into thick pieces and lay them in a roll about 2/3 way down the pastry.
- Spread cinnamon powder across the entire sheet of pastry. Do the same with raw sugar.
- Pick up the last third of the pastry where contains the banana and start rolling the pastry to form a tube about 5cm diameter.
- Cut the roll with a sharp knife into 6 pieces. Pack them in a small baking dish lined with baking paper, cut side facing up.
- Put it in the preheated oven and bake for about 30 minutes or until the pastry is cooked.
- Once cooked, pour the jam liquid over the roll. Let it sit for a minute then pull apart to serve with a little bit of vanilla icecream.
To buy Sweet Almond Black Tea just click the link.