Hibiscus has been used to treat indigestion, dissolve phlegm and lower cholestrol. Its infusion has a tangy taste and stunning ruby colour. it is great cocktail/mocktail ingredient!
For the hibiscus jelly
- 1 tsp gelatine
- 125ml boiling water
- 1 Hibiscus flower
As the drink
- 1 glass of soda water or Lychee Red (black tea)
- Infuse hibiscus with the remaining 100ml water for 10 minutes.
- Add sugar, Stir to dissolve.To make jelly, dissolve the gelatine in 25ml of 125ml boiling water.
- Stir to make sure all gelatine is dissolved. Pour in gelatine mixture into the hibiscus infusion.
- Rinse the inside of a shallow glass or metal dish with cold water. Then pour mixture into the dish.
- Take out the softened hibiscus and tear them into little ribbons and drop them back into the jelly mixture.Glad-wrap the dish and put in the fridge.
- When the jelly is set, cut into little 1-2cm square cubes. Drop the jelly into a glass carefully, then pour in chilled tea. Ready to enjoy.
Hibiscus Tea is available at our website, click the link.