Makes 4 servings:
For the marinade
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 pound medium-sized raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground green tea leaves*
- 1/3 cup macadamia nuts
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- To make the marinade, combine 1 tablespoon cornstarch and the soy sauce in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the shrimp and stir to coat evenly. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- To make the sauce, combine the ingredients (chicken broth, oyster sauce, honey, sesame oil and cornstarch) in a small bowl and stir until honey dissolves.
- Place a stir-fry pan over high heat until hot. Add the oil, swirling to coat the sides.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 10 seconds.
- Add the shrimp and stir-fry until they turn pink, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Sprinkle the ground green tea over the shrimp and stir to coat evenly.
- Stir the sauce once, add to the pan, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring, until the sauce thickens, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the nuts, transfer to a plate, and serve.
By The Associated Press, from ?Martin Yan Quick and Easy,? Chronicle)
Article URL: http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/news/special_packages/coffee_break/13205779.htm
*teas.com.au suggests using Jasmine Green Tea for this dish