If you have tried Chai the creamy way, I guarantee all other versions will taste bland to you. The following recipe is simple yet the outcome will bring a great smile to your face.
- Make the strong chai infusion by pouring boiling water in a teapot and adding the chai black tea mix.
- Leave it for 3-5 hours or overnight if you prefer a strong flavour cup.
- (When the infusion is ready) Pour milk into a cup – the cup has to be big enough so the milk only takes up 1/3 of the cup at most.
- Place the milk in a microwave oven for 30-40 seconds or until the milk start to froth a little.
- Pour infusion into the hot milk – ready to enjoy!Variations: froth up the hot milk a little by using an egg-beater.
- Hold the egg beater upright, sandwiched between your palms. Rotate handle quickly to make the milk frothy.
- Then pour in chai infusion slowly.
- Chai granita: once the chai is made (milk & sugar already added), place the infusion in the freezer until almost entirely frozen.
- Then place the frozen chai in a blender and whiz till slushy. Great summer drink!