- Tea drunk on an empty, delicate stomach can cause nausea, stomach pains or vomiting.
- Older people and sick people, especially diabetics, should not take tea before going to bed. A glass of water or hot milky drink would be a much better night cuppa.
- Anyone who has intestinal ulcers should avoid drinking tea because of its slight acidity.
- Do not drink tea for one hour before or after taking medicine of any kind, Chinese or Western.
- During menstration, tea can increase blood flow, particularly green and white tea.