How many tea to sell? Which tea is more profitable to sell? Is there one tea type sells more profitably than another?
So there are lots of variables to make ANY TEA TYPE profitable or not.
Check out this article for more tea type general info, and the video here for tips on selling different tea types.
- Great with milk and sugar
- The tea base for Chai tea
- Many grades from a few dollars a kg to a few hundred dollars
Green tea Due to the little processing, green tea has kept the color, original bittersweet taste and aroma of the freshly plucked leaves.
- Widely known for its slimming and germ fighting properties
- Chinese green tea cheaper usually, more robust taste
- Japanese green tea greener and grassier in taste usually
Oolong (wu-long / black dragon tea ) Simply put, oolong is the best among types of tea after meals. A good oolong is simply addictive!
- Great for digestion
- Reputed to help weight loss
- Varied taste from green tea to black tea like taste
White tea White tea is the least processed tea with the lowest tannin's. It got its name from the almost colorless brew it produces.
- Light taste
- High price (good ones are buds, not tea leaves)
- Antioxidant powerhouse
Pu-erh Unlike other types of tea , Pu-erh is better AGED. Just like vintage wine, a good vintage Pu-erh comes with a handsome price tag. You may even find some leaves as old as you are!
- Earthy taste, but not bitter
- Brew with hot boiling water
- Great for digestion. good after meal tea
- Gentle to stomach, caffeine drops as it ages
Fruit infusions Welcomed as a great family favorite, the fruit infusion is typically made up from a range of dried fruit and can be enjoyed hot or cold.
- Caffeine free, high in Vitamin C
- Kids friendly – put in your kids menu
- Condense it into syrups for Mocktails, waffles and ice cream!
- Usually has natural flavors added
Herbal infusions Since early history, people have been using herbal tea to heal, enliven and enhance their well being.
- While most herbs do not contain caffeine, some herbs such as yerba mate, cocoa and guarana do.
- Check the ingredients before consumption as some herbs may react with certain medications, conditions or pregnancy.
- Ask your doctor or medical professional if you are unsure.
- Herbs are best not to store for too long – flowers in particular during summer season are prone to infestation.