Everyone at home comes to the kitchen when I bake orange cake. The smell is just sooo good!
My new found love is this zesty rich orange cake. It uses olive oil to create a soft cake with a slight crunchy outside!
Here is my adaptation using a #Thermomix blender, which makes it totally easy and quick to make.
In fact, after I made this once with my 9 year old daughter, second time I can pretty much leave her to "dump" everything in the Thermomix to make the cake! All I need to do then is just put in and take out the cake from the oven! Easy peasy!
- skin / zest from 2 oranges
- 2 oranges, peeled, remove seeds
- 1 3/4 cups self raising flour
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cups mild olive oil or rice bran oil
- 1 tablespoon peppermint infusion
- 2 tablespoon icing sugar
- fresh orange pieces for decoration (as shown in photo, optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 ºF or 160 ºC fan oven.
- Use a peeler to peel just the orange skin into the Thermomix. No white part. Just skin.
- Peel the oranges, separate into wedges. Remove most of membranes. Remove seeds.
- Place oranges into Thermomix with skin. Turn #Thermomix on to Smoothie setting for 30 seconds.
- Put in all other cake ingredients and start #Thermomix on Smoothie setting for 30 seconds.
- Pour into 2 pound cake silicon molds.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean after testing the cake.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes in pan, then remove cake from pan.
- Mix mint infusion with icing sugar, drizzle onto cake. Ready to indulge.
Loose Leaf Tea: The empty Japanese tea room
Drinking tea to some people is a lonely experience when our daily custom is to drink coffee in the cafe (coffeehouse)...
Hong Kong Style Milk Tea
Do you love a STRONG black tea with milk in the morning? Whenever I need that "RedBull" boost, I go for the Hong Kong...