Anzac biscuits and I have a love-hate relationship. I like its crunch from the oats but the amount of butter always bothers me somewhat (trying to eat more healthily...).
So here is my attempt to make it a little lighter with Matcha green tea powder and the #Thermocook certainly make this a super quick cookie to whip up.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup wholemeal self raising flour
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ⅔ cup desiccated coconut
- 125g butter, in large cubes
- 1 tablespoon honey
1 to 2 tablespoon Matcha powder to taste
- Preheat oven to 160ºC (140ºC if using fan oven).
- Line 2 trays with baking paper.
- Place the butter, honey and brown sugar into the #Thermocook bowl.
- Melt on for 30 seconds, 80 degrees, Speed 1.
- Add all other ingredients, Matcha last into the bowl and combine mix for 10 seconds on Speed 3.
- Scoop tablespoons of mixture into balls.
- Place on trays, 2cm apart and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until light golden.
- Leave on the baking trays for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Tea time, me time... Where is the Way?
My last blog was all about being powerful around tea. The blogpost was for the people that love that sort of thing. H...
Japanese High Tea at Cafe Hassui in Kyoto
This week I was asked by a close friend in the tea business (not mine), what one of my goals are? I told them that fo...