This is recreated from the fond memory of a rich thick shake I had in Auckland (New Zealand) many years ago. Great for the hot summer morning when you need some substance but don’t want to eat.
The recipe is for 2 glasses of the milkshake. Alter the amount of milk and ice to reach your desired consistencies.
Makes 2 glasses
- 1 very ripe large banana
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp walnut, roasted
- 1 1/2 tbsp tahini or sesame paste
- 300ml cold milk
- handful of ice
- 200ml strong brew of Puerh tea (about 1 heap tbsp tea leaves, brew for 2 minutes)
- Put all ingredients in a blender, Whizz till all well mixed.
- Drizzle some extra honey on the side of 2 tall glasses, pour in the milkshake.
- Decorate with a sprinkle of roasted sesame seeds or pistachio if desired.
- Ready to enjoy.
Puerh tea is avalable at our wesbite. Visit us now!