Avocado icecream seems kind of “out there” but this one is really quite refreshing! Up the lemon juice by about 1 tablespoon if you like it more zesty. The Matcha green tea cuts the heaviness of this creamy delight!
Best enjoy once made, slightly soft from icecream maker. Go light on the portioning…
- 3 ripe avocados (small to medium)
- 1.5 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon Matcha green Tea (aracha matcha ok)
- 1 teaspoon good vanilla essence
- Peel and pit the avocados. Add the avocados, lemon juice, milk, vanilla essence, and sugar to a blender and puree. Add Matcha, don’t worry if it is not entirely dissolved mixed into the mixture. It will during churning.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium mixing bowl, add the heavy cream and whisk to combine. Place the mixture into the fridge and chill until for 30-60 minutes.
- Process the mixture in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s directions. However, this mixture sets up very fast, so count on it taking only 5 to 10 minutes to process. For soft ice cream, serve immediately, with sprinkle of extra matcha powder on top of icecream.
Photo: serving suggestion – make petite dark chocolate short pastry shells and scoop a little Avocado icecream in. Sprinkle some bashed up sugar crystals from sugar crystal sticks.
Bite size indulgence!
Aracha Matcha Green Tea is available at Teas.com.au
Wonderful Oolong Tea
Today I drank two wonderful cups of oolong tea as I spent the day blogging for pleasure and blogging for work. In the...
Genmai pours the tea - How Genmaicha came to be
Once upon a time in a land far far away called Japan during the days of the Samurai, there lived a servant named Genm...