This is by far the best icecream recipe we have tried without the use of an icecream machine. Very lemony and luciously smooth! It tastes the best same or next day.
Serves about 4-6
- 4 Lemons
- 2 tbsp Lemongrass
- 200g Caster sugar
- 450ml Double cream
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Finely gate the peel of one of the lemons.
- Squeeze the juice of all 4 lemons and combine with sugar and lemongrass.
- Let it sit for at least 30-40 minutes so the lemongrass flavour is infused into the juice.Stir occasionally.
- Slowly add the cream and salt, mixing well as it will immediately thicken.
- Pour into a shallow container and freeze until sold around the outside and mushy in the middle.
- Stir with a fork and freeze until firm, or churn in an icecream machine.
Visit Teas.com.au for the tea ingredients of Lemony Lemongrass Icecream
Genmai pours the tea - How Genmaicha came to be
Once upon a time in a land far far away called Japan during the days of the Samurai, there lived a servant named Genm...
Look, there is no tea in my Chai
I used to think Chai Latte was the next best drink since a cup of hot chocolate. I drank it every time I went to a bo...