A delish fusion dish uses prawns which much loved by many Aussies and a nice touch of peanuts and digestive oolong. Tasty entree for your next dinner party!
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp soya sauce
- 1 pitch white pepper
- 10 medium size raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tabsp honey
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp ground oolong such as Formosa Green Jade
- 1/3 cup peanuts
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Mix cornstarch and soya sauce to make the marinade.
- Add the shrimp and stir to coat evenly. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- To make the sauce, combine the ingredients (chicken broth, honey, sesame oil and cornstarch) in a small bowl and stir until honey dissolves.
- Place a stir-fry pan over high heat until hot.
- Add the oil, swirling to coat the sides. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 10 seconds.
- Add the shrimp and stir-fry until they turn pink, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes
- Stir the sauce once, add to the pan, and bring to a boil.
- Add the ground oolong tea over the shrimp and stir to coat evenly. Let the sauce reduced.
- Turn off the heat. Add the peanuts and parsley. Stir to coat evenly.
- Ready to serve.
For Oolong/Formosa Green Jade ingredient, visit our website Teas.com.au
Genmai pours the tea - How Genmaicha came to be
Once upon a time in a land far far away called Japan during the days of the Samurai, there lived a servant named Genm...
Look, there is no tea in my Chai
I used to think Chai Latte was the next best drink since a cup of hot chocolate. I drank it every time I went to a bo...