Some say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Start your day with some crunchy Green Tea Hashbrowns for a change! The green tea will make the traditionally oily hashbrown less greasy.
- 4 medium size potatoes
- 3 tbsp jasmine green tea, grounded finely
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and grate the potatoes into a large mixing bowl.
- Squeeze out all the water, allow to rest for five minutes and squeeze out any excess water that may have come out of the potatoes during resting (the more water squeezed out, the crispier the hashbrowns will become).
- Add rest of ingredients and mix together.
- Shape hashbrowns into palm sized discs and fry in a hot oiled saucepan over medium heat until golden brown and crispy on both sides.
- Serve with your favourite diced vegies or, bacon and eggs, coupled with a nice cup of jasmine green tea or cinnamon apple black tea.
Looking for the tea ingredient? Just click Green tea.
Genmai pours the tea - How Genmaicha came to be
Once upon a time in a land far far away called Japan during the days of the Samurai, there lived a servant named Genm...
Look, there is no tea in my Chai
I used to think Chai Latte was the next best drink since a cup of hot chocolate. I drank it every time I went to a bo...