However, here are some guidelines to get the most out of the tea leaves, flowers and fruit:
- Use roughly a teaspoonful of dried tea per cup.
- The finer the leaf, the cooler the water should the tea be brewed with.
- For herbal/fruit infusions and black tea we suggest the use of “jumpy / rolling” boiling water to bring out their flavours.
- Green and light oolong tea requires water that is not as hot.
- White tea can be made with even slightly cooler water.
- Warming cups (pour some hot water into the cups and disgard the water) before use will keep the tea warm longer.
- Brewing time depends on your liking – the more broken the leaf, the shorter it needs to be brewed, eg black tea about 2-3 minutes, white tea aboout 5 minutes.